Taking Classes at Another IU Campus

How to get financial aid when studying on another IU campus

If you’re receiving your degree and financial aid from IU Columbus and want to receive financial aid while studying at another IU campus, you’ll need to file a consortium agreement no later than 30 days before the end of the term in which you plan to study on another campus. You must file a new consortium agreement for each term you intend to study at another IU campus.

Meet these criteria

If you’d like to be considered for a consortium to study at another campus, you must meet the following criteria:

  • The courses you’re taking at the other campus must be required to earn your degree.
  • To study at another campus during the fall or spring semester, you must have completed at least one full academic year at your home campus.
  • To study at another campus during the summer, you must have completed at least one term at your home campus, rather than a full academic year.
  • You must have a clear academic purpose for attending another IU campus. For example:
    • The class isn’t offered at your home campus.
    • Your academic program requires you to attend at another campus.

Study at these campuses

You can receive aid while studying at these campuses:

  • IU Bloomington
  • IU Indianapolis (if IU Columbus is your home campus)
  • IU East
  • IU Kokomo
  • IU Northwest
  • IU South Bend
  • IU Southeast