We know what an important role high school counselors play in guiding students through the college search process, and we want to make your job as easy as possible. Our team is here to provide assistance with everything from answering questions about the admission process to planning campus visits for your students.
Together, We Can Serve Your Students
Indiana counties served: Brown, Bartholomew, Decatur, Jackson, Jennings, Johnson, Ripley, Shelby and Franklin (Batesville HS and Oldenburg Academy only)
Find Your Contact
Admission counselors can assist you in talking about specific students, discussing admissions criteria, scheduling visits, etc. IU Columbus serves a nine county region with each county being assigned to a specific counselor.
Sandy Almendares Monge
Sandy serves our first year students in Bartholomew, Jackson, Lower Johnson, and Shelby counties. She supports our Latinx students and also supervises Student Ambassadors. She assists Jayne Morris in supporting our international students.
Samantha serves first year students from Brown, Decautur, Upper Johnson, Jennings, and Ripley counties, as well as students outside our service region, including students from outside Indiana. She also serves Early College students.
Drhea serves students from Columbus East High School and is the point of contact for transfer and returning students. Drhea also assists visiting students and second-degree students, such as those applying to the Accelerated BSN program. She assists Jayne Morris in supporting our graduate students.
IU Columbus Jump-Start Columbus Scholarship
- Candidates must be in their senior year in high school and nominated by a high school counselor, principal, or teacher.
- Candidates must be nominated before February 15, 2024.
- The deadline for Candidates to submit materials is April 1, 2024.
- Candidates must have a high school GPA of 3.0-3.49 at the time of their application for admission.
- Candidates must apply for admission to IU Columbus by February 15, 2024.
- Candidates must submit an essay of 500 words or less on the topic of:
- “Why I chose to pursue my degree at IU Columbus; and, what my career aspirations will be post-graduation.”
- The award is a one-time award of $1,000.
- $750 will be awarded the first semester of the successful candidate’s freshman year.
- The remaining $250 to be awarded the second semester of their freshman year.
Students will be required to send an official high school transcript for the application process as well after graduation (after all grades have posted).
We instruct students to order their transcript from Parchment Exchange™ at www.parchment.com however, we also accept paper transcripts from the high school.
Send to the following email address – firstname.lastname@example.org or select IU Columbus in Parchment.
If you're interested in bringing a small or large group to campus, reach out to us! We offer Explore IU Columbus in the Fall for seniors and Just for Juniors in the Spring for juniors. These events are designed so high schools can bring a bus-load of students at once. We can also customize a visit for you and your group if you're unable to attend one of our planned events. Our staff is just waiting to plan an event that meets your availability and content needs!